This great article comes to you via the blog : A Place for Mom. I recommend my baby boomer friends and clients to read and I have also printed out the article to help some of my elder clients as well. Here’s a preview of the list. Click the link at the end to get quick explanations for each.
1. Do you have a durable power of attorney?
2. What are your end-of-life wishes?
3. Do you have a will or living trust?
4. Do you have long-term care insurance or another plan in case long-term care is required?
5. Have you made sure that these documents are current?
6. Where can I find these documents if I ever need them?
7. Is someone advising you on financial matters?
8. If you can no longer take care of yourself, have you thought about where you’d prefer living?
9. Do you visit the doctor regularly?
10. Do you feel like you understand why you’re taking the medicines you’ve been prescribed?
If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.